Monday, February 15, 2010

Film Analysis Report - Witness

Title of Film: Witness Date: 1985
Director of Film: Peter Weir
Actors: Harrison Ford, Kelly McGillis, Josef Sommer
Type of Film: Romance














Summary and Analysis:
Samuel's father was dead, his mother Rachel took him to Philadelphia and Samuel saw a murder case in washroom. A police named Book asked Samuel to be a witness. Samuel saw the killer's photo in the police office. The killer wanted to kill Book while Book knew who is the killer. Book was hurt and he was saved by Rachel and Amish people. Book and Rachel fell in love each other. Book lived with Amish people, the killers came to kill Book but two of them were killed by Book and one was saved. Finally Book leaved.

Relation to Case Study:
In Case Study about Chapter 12 and this movie, we can know that there were some culture shock between two groups. In this movie, some American travelers took pictures with Amish people and they put ice cream to Amish people's face. But Amish people do not like conflict with others. Book adapted to Amish environment and he fell in love with Amish woman. Case Study in Chapter 12, Dita faced a lot of troubles in America. She did not like the weather and food there. She felt uncomfortable and she did not adjust herself. Finally, Dita was failed.

Reaction to Film:
I think it is good for us to study in America because it has some culture shock in this film. I can learn a lot of solutions in it. I am a international student, when I came to America, I felt uncomfortable and sick. I adjusted myself, but it was very difficult because I did not adapt the weather and food here. Now I feel fine because we have American Culture class. I learn a lot from this class. When we discuss together, I will compare my lift in America. I think this film is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment